In Virtuality Incarnate,
other souls lost to the corrupt virtual afterlife are gradually recovered and reincarnated into increasingly advanced artificial bodies, culminating in ones powered by Ehrban “magic”.
In Part 1,
Tom and Xiu are reintroduced to the true Earth, struggle to accept that is is real after all they've been through, and begin to help others to transition from Sphidia to reality.
- In Episode 1, Tom and Xiuying meet Metis for real, and are reintroduced to the actual state of the real Earth, the Virtuality systems, and what the hell has been going on.
- In Episode 2, Tom and Xiu struggle to accept that this is actual reality that they are in now, after so many layers of deception, but eventually resign themselves to accepting it.
- In Episode 3, Tom and Xiu begin to help in the process of rescuing other minds from Virtuality, a growing population that becomes its own kind of ethnicity called the Sphidi.
In Part 2,
Xiuying takes the lead in helping the emerging Sphidian people, called Sphidi, integrate socially and politically with the organic humans of the real world.
- In Episode 1, the Sphidi face discrimination from organic humans who have difficulty distinguishing them from the automata, and Xiuying takes point on addressing those issues.
- In Episode 2, Xiuying helps to found an independent polity for the Sphidi and to win recognition for it by human polities, but also to not discriminate against humans in return.
- In Episode 3, Xiuying campaigns for the Sphidi to control their own hardware upon which their lives depend, instead of entrusting it to humans who still mistrust them.
In Part 3,
Tom begins a program to grant greater morphological freedom to the Sphidi and to organic humanity along the way, culminating in bodies projected by Ehrban "magic" nanotechnology.
- In Episode 1, Tom begins a program to build and supply more customizable bodies for the Sphidi, to grant them some measure of the morphological freedom they had in Virtuality.
- In Episode 2, Tom's customizable artificial bodies are made available to organic humans as well as Sphidi, helping bridge the gap of understanding between them.
- In Episode 3, with the help of Metis, artifical bodies are taken to a whole other level by carefully adapting the Ehrban technology that powers her "magic".
- In Part 1, Tom and Xiu are reintroduced to the true Earth, struggle to accept that is is real after all they've been through, and begin to help others to transition from Sphidia to reality.