Death and the Other World
In Death and the Other World,
another century later, catastrophic real-world events threaten to destroy the virtual world with it, but the man behind it all manages to barely save a small portion of it.
In Part 1,
Tom is a part of a network of curious users who stalk a living doppleganger of the Queen of Hell in real life, only to discover it's definitely not the same person.
- In Episode 1, rumors begin to circulate of a real-world doppleganger of the Queen of Hell who largely avoids the virtual world thanks to her constant case of mistaken identity.
- In Episode 2, a loose network of still-embodied Virtuality users, including Tom, covertly stalk the Queen's doppleganger, finding that she lives on the Open Palm spacestation.
- In Episode 3, Tom and other similar users finally find opportunity to meet the Queen's doppleganger when she starts a touring business, only to find she knows nothing of the Queen.
In Part 2,
catestrophic events in real life publicly reveal the mysterious background of the company responsible for building Virtuality, and threaten to destroy it along with the rest of humanity.
- In Episode 1, panic spreads through the virtual and real worlds as the rogue Martian Colonies attack Earth, only to be stopped by Virtuality's parent company, Jovian Corp.
- In Episode 2, the Mars business turns out to be a distraction from the arrival of extraterrestrials, and Jovian Corp reveals themselves to be some kind of ancient secret society.
- In Episode 3, a war with aliens ends up shattering the moon and threatening the stablity of the World Ring, and with that, all of Virtuality as well.
In Part 3,
as Virtuality collapses along with the rest of civilization, Xio rushes to rescue Met from it, preserving a tiny fragment of "hell" with her and anyone else he can manage to fit in it.
- In Episode 1, Xio rushes into Virtuality from the base of Starbridge America to save the Queen of Hell with his special administrative acccess as the entire World Ring collapses.
- In Episode 2, the Queen refuses Xio's rescue, so he sacrifices his physical life to save the tiny fragment of "hell" with her in it, and as many others as he can save too.
- In Episode 3, as the rest of Virtuality blinks out of existence, Xio promises those he has saved that he will do everything he can to make this slice of "hell" as good as possible.
- In Part 1, Tom is a part of a network of curious users who stalk a living doppleganger of the Queen of Hell in real life, only to discover it's definitely not the same person.