In Sol Resurgent,
the reunified Earth rebuilds back to space with the help of automatons who survived the war, only to discover that evil immortals have since conquered the rest of the galaxy.
In Part 1,
human civilization rebuilds to the space age, teetering on the brink of nuclear war, until Metis reestablishes contact with the ancient automatons who have been terraforming Venus.
- In Episode 1, Columbia begins to threaten world peace as they emerge as the dominant superpower, but their nascent space program discovers apparent civilization on the old Venusian colony.
- In Episode 2, the world inches toward nuclear war as Columbia continues its aggression, but meanwhile their Venusian space probe discovers that Venus is "inhabited" by ancient automatons.
- In Episode 3, a tense international space effort sends Metis to Venus to contact the automatons, who return with her just in time to avert a second apocalypse of nuclear war.
In Part 2,
humanity undergoes a difficult socioeconomic transition back into an automated post-scarcity economy, as they return to space and begin to resettle the solar system.
- In Episode 1, human civilization finds almost immediate peace as the return of the automata ushers in the end of scarcity, but that begins to have unexpected side-effects.
- In Episode 2, socioeconomic side-effects full automation drive terrible inefficient mass emigration to and importation from Venus, until Earth civilization finally adapts.
- In Episode 3, humanity finally return to the rest of the solar system with the aid of their automatons, while Metis searches it for any remnant of her immortal family.
In Part 3,
Metis explores the rest of the galaxy beyond the wormhole, finding it to be ruled by her uncle Kron and his brothers, to whom she is forced to pledge subservience.
- In Episode 1, the wormhole to the rest of the galaxy is rediscovered, and Metis carefully explores the other side of it, finding that her uncle Kron now rules the whole galaxy.
- In Episode 2, Metis plots with her father and Amouch to grant her "magic" power comparable to their own, with which to overthrow Kron, but she is instead forced into subservience to him.
- In Episode 3, Metis returns to Earth and conveys the bad news back to humanity, but in her efforts to turn the situation around, she at last finds the body of Xio, and with it, hope.
- In Part 1, human civilization rebuilds to the space age, teetering on the brink of nuclear war, until Metis reestablishes contact with the ancient automatons who have been terraforming Venus.