Shadow of the Foundation
In Shadow of the Foundation,
the now-spacefaring immortals begin to secretly intervene in the affairs of the advancing mortal civilization, subtly guiding it through terrible wars toward a bright utopian future.
In Part 1,
the accidental discovery of the "food of the gods" starts a civil war in Xiania, and attempts to resolve that situation seem to only make it worse.
- In Episode 1, the accidental mortal discovery of the immortality-inducing "food of the gods" forces Xio to personally intervene in the subsequent civil war in Xiania.
- In Episode 2, Xio's intervention in the Xianian civil war nearly leads to a world-ending catastrophe as a gravitic superweapon is prepared to fight a robot army gone rogue.
- In Episode 3, the renegade robot army rolling over Asia and the Columbian swarm of hunter-killed drones are both subdued by a friendly robot force from the new nation of Pacifica.
In Part 2,
the discovery of Kron's body buried in the Andes accidentally sets off a "zombie apocalypse", which Kron rides out while the rest of the world begins to panic.
- In Episode 1, archaologists unearth the body of Kron in the Andes, and accidentally set off a "zombie apocalype" when his blood is unwittingly mixed with that of mortals.
- In Episode 2, a regenerated but amnesiac Kron fights to survive the American "zombie apocalypse" while slowly regaining his memories of his true identity.
- In Episode 3, the "food of the gods" accidentally discovered in Xiania proves to be the cure needed to end the American "zombie apocalypse", when delivered by the Pacifican automatons.
In Part 3,
the immortals embrace their role as hidden guides of the burgeoning global civilization, and subtly influence the emergence of a social and technological utopia.
- In Episode 1, Kron reluctantly joins the rest of the immortals in the Foundation, and under their secret guidance the war-torn world is rebuilt into the Internation.
- In Episode 2, the Internation puts economic pressure on the oppressive world superpowers of Auei and Columbia, until they collapse from within and their peoples join the Internation.
- In Episode 3, Africa is liberated from its European colonists to join with the Internation as well, eventually pressuring even Europe itself to join the rest of the unified world.
- In Part 1, the accidental discovery of the "food of the gods" starts a civil war in Xiania, and attempts to resolve that situation seem to only make it worse.