The Resurgent Series
In the Resurgent series,
Metis is the sole surviving immortal on post-apocalyptic Earth, and gradually guides the remnants of mortal human civilization back to their previous heights.
In Columbia Resurgent,
Metis is uncovered centuries later as the sole surviving immortal on Earth, and slowly leads a reunification of the continent of Columbia where she awoke.
- In Part 1, Metis awakens after thousands of years in a post-apocalyptic future Earth, befriends the primitive survivors of that time, and rediscovers her immortality.
- In Part 2, while working with friendly powers to investigate her forgotten origins, Metis is drawn into and exacerbates a conflict between them and a domineering neighbor state.
- In Part 3, Metis helps lead a coordinated war effort against the Redstone Empire, gradually reuniting the disparate parts of the former United States of Columbia to defeat them.
In Terra Resurgent,
the reunited Columbian civilization encounters two rival civilizations from across the seas, and Metis uses her influence as a mythological figure to broker peace between them all.
- In Part 1, Metis and a Columbian expedition searching for Xio at the base of Starbridge America encounter two more powerful groups of survivors from across the seas, Pacifica and Alexandria.
- In Part 2, Metis travels to Alexandria, where she reveals herself as a goddess from the religion they still practice, and uses that position to help negotiate a truce between them and Columbia.
- In Part 3, Metis and an expedition of Columbian representatives negotiate a peace with Pacifica, and begin the process of brokering world peace between them and Alexandria.
In Sol Resurgent,
the reunified Earth rebuilds back to space with the help of automatons who survived the war, only to discover that evil immortals have since conquered the rest of the galaxy.
- In Part 1, human civilization rebuilds to the space age, teetering on the brink of nuclear war, until Metis reestablishes contact with the ancient automatons who have been terraforming Venus.
- In Part 2, humanity undergoes a difficult socioeconomic transition back into an automated post-scarcity economy, as they return to space and begin to resettle the solar system.
- In Part 3, Metis explores the rest of the galaxy beyond the wormhole, finding it to be ruled by her uncle Kron and his brothers, to whom she is forced to pledge subservience.
- In Columbia Resurgent, Metis is uncovered centuries later as the sole surviving immortal on Earth, and slowly leads a reunification of the continent of Columbia where she awoke.