The Eye of Chaos Series
In the Eye of Chaos series,
the only immortal to ever die, Metis, is reborn in the utopian future, just in time to witness the collapse of civilization upon their disastrous first contact with alien life.
In Opening the Eye of Chaos,
Metis is reincarnated at the height of human civilization and slowly rediscovers her past just in time to see the sealed-off wormhole to the rest of the galaxy reopened.
- In Part 1, the young woman Metis is living in a utopian future on a spacestation above Earth, and with the gift of a small starship upon coming of age she begins her own touring business.
- In Part 2, a tour of the wild frontiers of Mars leads Metis to discover eerie similarities between Martian history and her own recurring dreams, until her client is kidnapped.
- In Part 3, Metis' attempts to rescue her client lead her to the powers secretly ruling Mars, where she learns of her forgotten past, and they open a wormhole hidden in the outer solar system.
In Beyond the Eye of Chaos,
an expedition called the Valkyries, working for the immortals, are sent the long way around to explore what lies on the other end of the sealed-off wormhole from Sol.
- In Part 1, the Valkyries live in a virtual world while in suspended animation en route to their destination, and have to keep one member from getting off-mission therein.
- In Part 2, the Valkyries arrive at their destination, get shot down to the one inhabitable planet in that star system, and meet the unusual variety of local species there.
- In Part 3, the Valkyries discover a way off the alien planet and back to Sol, and learn the surprising connection between the histories of this world and of humanity.
In Through the Eye of Chaos,
humanity rallies against the Ehrban who lie beyond the wormhole, only to be drawn into the ongoing war against the Ehrban’s enemy, leading to the destruction of Earth.
- In Part 1, Metis is reintroduced to the immortal family she didn't know she had, as they all unite together and then rally humanity to defend from an alien invasion.
- In Part 2, the collective forces of humanity unite under the immortals to fight the alien invaders, until the Valkyries return to Sol and clear up a serious misunderstanding.
- In Part 3, humanity and the Ehrban make tenuous peace, then their real common enemy attacks, leading to the destruction of Earth and the apparent deaths of Metis and Xio.
- In Opening the Eye of Chaos, Metis is reincarnated at the height of human civilization and slowly rediscovers her past just in time to see the sealed-off wormhole to the rest of the galaxy reopened.